View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 27, 2008, 9:01 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

Sketchup Competition: In New York.

Congratulations to Aleks0o01 for winning the SSP City College competition.

This next comp. is In New York. The rules are simple:

1) The entry must be a skyscraper at least 500 feet tall. There is a height limit of 2,000 feet.

2) Entries must have one or more skyscrapers [over 500 ft. tall, you could have two 250 foot tall towers but you would still need a 500 footer]. You could also design a different WTC if you wish! It just won't count as the WTC competition.

3) The entry can be residential, office, hotel or mixed use.

4) Any style can be used, Post Modern, Classical Revival, Progressive, Art Deco, you name it, you build it.

5) It has to be within the boundaries of Manhattan OR IT WILL NOT COUNT!!

6) Winner chooses next competition but if he/she wishes not to choose a comp. then anyone can choose it [well, whoever calls it first].

7) Your entry can be textured or hand drawn.

8) Send your entry to me via a private message to prevent ideas from being stolen.

Deadline is in December 5th but if nobody else enters or someone pulls out, it can be earlier. If going by the deadline, voting would start on Sunday December 7th.

Also, please try not to destroy any major landmarks... well, you could destroy Madison Square Gardens...

Questions...?

PS: I was temped on doing Dubai because you could do some crazy s**t over there but I chose New York instead.

Last edited by Aleks; Nov 30, 2008 at 10:17 PM.