View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 8, 2011, 5:30 PM
not a cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visualize View Post
... everyone just brought their dogs back there to run around free with no leashes, which I can rightfully assume is far more detrimental to wildlife than a bike coasting silently past.....just my thought.
Can't agree with this more. Bikes are banned but not dogs? To be fair, some commuter cyclists go way too fast for conditions at times, thus the backlash towards cyclists. This summer I biked the SE section just for the heck of it. I was prepared for an argument but of the dozen or so I encountered no one said a word. Half of those I encountered had dogs off leash.

Regarding the comparison of the SE Boise section and the Garden City section, they seem similar at first but there are significant differences in how they got developed. The SE section was already in private ownership. The GC section was not. It was owned by the State and deeded over to the developer in one of those crazy menage a trois land deals. The SE section has a reasonable alternate on the north bank, the GC section has no reasonable alternate.