View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 14, 2009, 11:11 PM
cookies, skittles & milk

1. I like the design. Doesn't really seem possible though, it needs a core to support the floors. The wind-turbines look awesome though! They're just a little too low to get strong enough wind to make them generate power.

2. Nice renderings. I like the design too, but it feels a little old. Looks like a 90's WTC. And like Dac said, it doesn't really scream "green"

3. Great design and I love the wind-turbines. But other than that it doesn't seem to green. The floor-to-floor seems a little short though, usually LEED buildings have floor-to-floor heights of 13 feet! I do like the small foot-print thought, that means more plaza space is available.

4. Got my vote. Sure it was the least detailed, but the green features were in there. I love that the panels on the roof take up a large amount of space. Also, the tress are awesome. They won't haver to be cut down, they would have to choose a tree that grows a certain height. The floor-to-ceiling window's are also a big plus because more light enters the building. But the balconies prevent direct sunlight [which can heat up the building, increasing A/C usage] from entering. Another thing I liked was the small, triangular foot-print. This means less wasted land, more plaza space for pedestrians. One thing I didn't like were the exposed stairs, if they were inside a glass shell they would look better.

So yeah, number 4 gets my vote!