View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 10, 2020, 8:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
It's not. Large chunks of Manhattan are canyons of trash bags and rivers of dog piss once a week. Boston and DC are cleaner but they're also smaller wealthier cities.

I think that virtually everyone here agrees that Philly needs to do better with street sweeping and that power lines should be buried when an opportunity arises to do so economically, but the idea that the poorest large city in the US should spend huge amounts of money to start digging up roads just to bury lines so some rich people don't need to look at them is some seriously bizarre entitlement. I won't say that no one has ever left the city due to power lines because this world has all kinds of crazy, but this is not an issue of any significance.
Haha agree. And to be clear, I love new york! In fact, considering my list of favorite cities includes cities like New York, Rome and Philly, it could be argued that I might even be especially drawn to filthy cities that reek of urine.

But yea I 100% percent agree. We can do better and we should absolutely strive to do better. But completely mystified by those acting like these are the biggest or most important issues Philly faces.