View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 2, 2009, 11:18 PM
cookies, skittles & milk

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_am_hydrogen View Post
Then, I take a shot at -1 EC and another at +1 EC. Since my camera has an auto-exposure bracketing (AEB) feature, this can be done with relative ease. AEB allows you to take three pre-set bracketed exposures (e.g., -1, 0, +1) in rapid succession. Without it, you have to take each different exposure individually.
I have a Nikon D40X. Does it also have AEB? I've looked for it but I don't think it has it. I was planning on upgrading to the D90. Does the D90 have it?

Well I think this thread will come in handy!

Anyways, here are some tips on night photography. During the day I just shoot on Auto. At night I set my camera on Aperture and turn the dial until I get f/10-f/16. I use a tri-pod of course. And I shoot on RAW because I can edit my pictures easier without having too much noise. My ISO is set to 200-800 depending on the amount of light. If it's too dark I'll set it to 200. If it's too light I'll set it to 800. If the ISO is too high you'll get noise on your pictures which will looks bad.

Here's an example of a night shot.

ISO: 400
Shutter: 7.1
Aperture: f/14
Other things are on auto.

This next one was taken when it was lighter out.

ISO: 200
Shutter: 30
Aperture: f/14
Everything else on auto.

This was taken with a D40X which isn't too different from the one you have.