View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 18, 2014, 1:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenmore View Post
i suspect most residents who live there full-time drive for all their basic shopping needs and spend nearly as much time in their cars as a typical suburbanite.
There's a Mariano's in LSE.

I know a ton of people who have lived here specifically because they wouldn't need a car. Thinking on it now, I've never known anyone who lived in LSE who actually did have a car. The only people I've ever known to park there are people commuting in from the suburbs.

It serves as a great middle ground for people who want to be in the city, but don't like the quiet south loop or the more lively river north. Its better to think of LSE as an extension of streeterville, than anything.

And it helps to remember that this whole region is only about a decade old. Who knows what it will be when it is actually complete.

It is also only one transit line stop from being vastly different in its integration to the city. If a lake shore line were build linking the north side through to hyde park or so, this would be a major stopping point for Millennium park between the museum campus and Navy Pier. You could expect the amenities to change drastically for that.