View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 29, 2019, 9:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsule F View Post
Re:Hahnemann

This isn't really that big of a deal. First, Drexel is building a med school campus in Reading, PA attached to Reading Hospital, which is a huge institution. In the meantime I don't think there will be much trouble shuttling out their students for residency.

Also, I don't actually think Hahnemann will close for long, and I think any rumors of a demo are complete fantasy. I believe the state will rescue it and provide funding (much like they do for Temple) and have it operate under a different entity. Its possible another academic institution could absorb it, or Drexel could run it with state aid.
I have no idea how med school works but if someone just started med school at drexel and was planning on a quick subway commute to hahnemann, in what world would they be ok with being bused all the way the fuck out to Reading instead?

When I was in grad school I didn't have a spare second in my day, if suddenly my classes were a 3 hr round trip away from me out in the middle of nowhere I'd have to transfer to a different school that was actually nearby.