View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 22, 2020, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX City-State View Post
I think that's in the cards--but it has gotten SO much better. I remember when there were only three daily directs to NYC--and now Delta alone does three a day during summer (not during pandemic summers though), and I believe Alaska has three as well. And two airlines servicing directs to London, a direct to Tokyo, supposedly directs to Paris and Seoul were in the works pre-COVID.

Totally agree we're not as rich in directs as Seattle or SF, but man, it's so much better than it was a decade ago.
BA never launched their flights to PDX for obvious reasons. Given that they're planning on canceling routes to destinations they already serve, I wouldn't expect that flight to launch in the next few years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvpcvm View Post
Do we currently have ANY direct international flights? I noticed that we're no longer on Icelandair's destination map...
I was meant to be on the PDX-AMS flight this past Saturday. Before I canceled my trip, Delta had rebooked me to onto the SEA-AMS flight. Given that Europe and the US have reciprocal travel bans I do wonder how that flight is still operating? I assume that the PDX-AMS flight will return at some point, but right now I can't seem to find any dates where it can be booked.

The Volaris flight to Guadalajara, the Alaska flight to Cancun (possibly other Mexican destinations too?) and the Air Canada flight to Vancouver all appear to be operating. So it looks like we currently have international flights, but not international long haul flights?

www.twitter.com/maccoinnich