View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 19, 2009, 9:22 PM

Gibbs Street Pedestrian Bridge

I went to the open house. They had a bunch of large images of the bridge along with detailed information. They had a computer generated animated video running on a laptop of what it might look like to cross the bridge. It was cool. Most of the information is already out there but I did learn a few things. What looks like a water feature behind the elevator is actually a place that collects the rain water which lands on the bridge. What also looks like chain linked fencing is actually something much nicer looking. They had a sample of it there. The staff was very helpful and answered a lot of my questions. Not only did they do a great job in designing this bridge but they did a great job in getting the publics comments and making information available.

Here is a picture of that water section I was talking about. I would imagine that there would be times of the year when this would not have water in it? I'm a little concerned about having standing water there. I specifically asked if there was a pump system to move the water back to the top to keep it moving and they said no.