View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 20, 2021, 3:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JManc View Post
712 Main Street (Chase) has a great food hall. Also check out the Houston Museum of Natural Science and the Holocaust Museum
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilbao58 View Post
You might be interested in the Asia Society Museum as well as the Holocaust Museum, both are near Hermann Park and not far from the MFAH.

For the quintessential Houston experience you should check out the Orange Show and Smither Park next door as well as the Beer Can House.

The "Houston is Inspired" Mural is MEH! if you ask me but Market Square Park and the Jame Surls sculpture "Points of View" (my personal favorite public sculpture) is just across the street.

Buffalo Bayou Park is DEFINITELY worth a visit. Google the Cistern and see if that might interest you.

A few minutes inside the lobby of Pennzoil Place is worth it and it's right across from JP Morgan Chase Tower (which I believe is under remodeling and the observation floor is no longer open to the public anyway. MirĂ³'s "Personnage et Oiseaux" may still be visible amongst the construction at Chase. I don't know.

Check out the old Julia Ideson Library across the street from City Hall.

Check out the new Eastern Glades section of Memorial Park then report back. I've yet to see it.

Take a quick look at the Post Oak Central buildings. A Philip Johnson art deco-ish project that predates Transco (Williams) Tower.

You can also ride the Red Line Fannin South light rail through Downtown into Midtown then through the Museum District then past Hermann Park on one side and Rice on the other and then on into the Texas Medical Center just to get an idea of the place and to see how big the Med Center is. If you stay on the train a bit longer you can catch a glimpse of the decaying Astrodome.

Another suggestion is just skip all of this and eat until you explode!
Thank you both! There's so much to see!