View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 8, 2019, 1:05 PM

I've been pondering this announcement some more, here are a few idle thoughts:

-The scale of this project is impressive, it will push the area closer to having a bit of a critical mass to support local businesses and even just street life to make the place feel livelier than it currently does, especially after hours.

-On that note, and I know this is old news, Ship Street Village is a monument to wasted potential. The fact that such a large amount of prime Waterfront Drive space is dedicated to a few measly townhouses is even more irritating now that it's clear that spot would be in great demand.

-I like the bold design of this project. It's nice that there will be a heritage element incorporated into the whole thing.

-Now that the obvious redevelopment sites along Waterfront have pretty well been used up, I wonder if we'll start to see a second wave of development move west from Waterfront? There are still loads of sites that are easily within a 9-iron shot of Waterfront itself, and it would really help the area take the next step into becoming a full-fledged neighbourhood.