View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 1, 2019, 4:30 PM
hähnchenbrüstfiletstüc

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDartmouthMark View Post
Yeah, call it what you may, but I think all the excitement that people are showing is great. And you can't blame them because even if you are not a diehard basketball fan, the games have been very exciting and fun to watch.
I guess this type of criticism tends to be from people who want credit for being fans before a given team was popular. But looking at it from the perspective of the team the bandwagon fans are still a positive.

(I've criticized the coverage of this but I was talking more about journalists or observers who see an event and then say that "everyone" in a city, province, or country likes some sports team or band. Plus there's the tendency to hunt around to find supporters of cultural phenomena in a certain Canadian city, while most others get different treatment. Maybe Halifax-based media should start telling all Atlantic Canadians that Wanderers FC is their top sports team after talking to a couple of fans in Summerside and Corner Brook. )

The Nova Centre covered area needs some kind of diffuse LED lighting embedded into the ceiling. They could do tile patterns or something like that. Fremont Street in Las Vegas is an example of the effect they should go for.