View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 14, 2021, 1:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadillaccc View Post
He's not my relative, he has never had any bearing or relevance in my life, he deserved far worse words but it was for school so I toned it down.
Fair enough, you're definitely entitled to that opinion; it isn't uncommon.

I have no issue with the "principle" behind the woketarianism? movement, but I find it a bit... black and white sometimes (OMG, you know what I mean!) IMHO, everyone is "racist" and biased... but it's a a spectrum... and a fluid thing.

In the case of Philip, I'm going to hope that at some distant time in the past he would be what we considered what we would call classically racist... but over time progressed through "ignorant" to "clumsily learning" to "still clumsy but understands the principle of what he SHOULD be doing" to... death before he got any further.

In short, he's hopefully like many "typical" 99 year old people. To villify him any more than anyone else of that vintage would be rather arrogant of us. It's entirely possible some people like him have "evolved" their viewpont, from it's starting point, much more than many of US have... That's just my 2c though.