Thread: Downtown Update
View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 7, 2024, 12:15 AM
Ham-burgher

Pigott is best for me too.

I also like 100 King West (former Stelco Tower) among "vintage" Hamilton skyscrapers. I wish it was 10-15 floors taller. 25 Main W. would rank up there too, for me, if it was taller and 'thicker'... I still love Stanley Roscoe's contributions to the city, but unless you're driving down Main St. from Queen or so toward the core this one now gets lost in the jumble. And I have gained a new appreciation for City Hall; again I wish it was a bit taller, but I think it's a classic and if additions or new buildings ever go up behind it I hope they complement the original.

The Mac Residence is probably the most interesting new tower to me, but I dislike that the cladding isn't all the way around/up the building.

I love what Cobalt has done for the skyline along King St. When I drive west on Lawrence Rd, those towers are very visible vertical elements now.

There are people who lament the loss of the Board of Education building. But the replacement (Mac's Braley health sciences centre) is an interesting building and much more befitting the downtown site. That huge lawn surrounding the old Board of Ed. was a waste of space.