View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 5, 2019, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquizative View Post
"Population growth is stifled because the neighborhoods outside the core and near core are shrinking."

Is that your opinion, or did you get that from a official capacity?
From what I'm reading and personally observing is that it appears Philly is pushing 1.6 million at a steady pace.

"The city's (Philadelphia) population has been growing for seven years straight, and it's now the second-fastest growing county in the region."
-World Population Review 2019
Not at all inconsistent with what I said. And no, it's not an opinion. The city is slowly and steadily growing as a whole. Some Center City neighborhoods are seeing much stronger growth. But recent census estimates and lots of articles say outer neighborhoods are shrinking and population declining. As a whole, it works out to net growth for the city, but some neighborhoods are shrinking. Will look for article to post. Here is one: https://www.inquirer.com/philly/news...0180322.html-2 There was a detailed article not very long ago, though, that showed population change estimates by neighborhood. I'll try to find it when I have more time.