View Single Post
Old Posted May 29, 2019, 5:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliNative View Post
The same Bob Eubanks that hosted the Newlywed Gameshow in the 1960s & '70s I guess? Or was it the Dating game? Also hosted Rose Parades for years and years until just recently.
____
Gasometers were taken down in the mid 1970s I suppose because they started storing gas underground in depleted oil/gas wells. The one in the North San Fernando Valley at Aliso Canyon leaked and stank up the north valley for a while. I bet those people would welcome the big gasometers back!

Now, whatever happened to Brew 102? Not as awful as some people say. Cheap price, good with a sandwich. Not true they used L.A. River water & storm runoff to brew it. Other brews you don't see very often are Hamm's and Olympia. Both had their fans and Hamm's had frequent TV ads in the 1950s & 1960s: the jingle "FROM THE LAND OF SKY BLUE WATERS....HAAAAAAMMMS" still rings in my head. Olympia was proud to be brewed in Tumwater, a suburb of Olympia WA. Schlitz beer was also common back then, and even had a brewery in Van Nuys. Don't see it very often anymore. Craft beers are taking over. I think Schlitz should be the official noirish beer.
You forgot Lucky Lager. (I hear it's coming back)