View Single Post
Old Posted May 14, 2019, 5:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Charles View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethereal_reality View Post
Scott Charles, you did an excellent job removing the 'watermark' on the Broadway Tunnel / Hall of Justice photograph.
Years ago a fellow noirisher was removing 'watermarks' for us, but was told to stop. I don't recall who dropped the hammer. It might have been a ebay seller. (?)

E_R, as creator of this forum thread are you officially saying you don't want posters to remove watermarks?

The only instance of what you mentioned that I remember of this on NLA is when there were a series of great Kodachrome photos being posted with the green embitt scan across them and _______*_ had removed a few of those watermarks and he related that the seller had notified him not to do it.

*I know who it is but not sure I should say.

Anyway, it makes me wonder, are there internet rules about removing watermarks? I know eBay sellers do it as they're selling things that otherwise might not sell without those watermarks, but a lot of what they're selling gets sold and never seen again, so removing them after they're sold? Problem? I don't know.

Selfishly, I love whenever someone removes watermarks on photos I like, but I'd also rather see a photo with one than not see it at all.