View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 28, 2016, 6:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The ATX View Post
Turn around. Let me see your backside. Nice.

http://www.dudapaine.com/405-colorado-tower.html
It's hard to tell from the rendering, but that first frame looks like the linear rust-colored (burnt orange?) detail running up the back of the building is opaque. Why would you create large swaths of windowless space on an office tower? The detail is too large to just be covering an elevator shaft or mechanical equipment. The offices on that side are going to feel like caves. And even if its not completely opaque and is some sort of lattice, that's still obstructing your view and limiting your daylight. That much coverage makes no sense.

Also the drastic difference between the top and bottom halves of the building make it look squatty, even though it's not. It's not in a CVC so it could have been so much taller. I'm not a huge fan of this design. I guess its more interesting than a glass box like 5th & Colorado, but I don't think this look is going to age well. It's interesting that the same architects did the design for Frost Bank Tower and Colorado Tower. You would think they would create something that better complimented Frost since this will be in such close proximity to it.