View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 24, 2008, 7:28 PM
Vote for me in 2019!

I am so conflicted with this project. On one hand I don't see that "DT " Sandy has the demand for 40+ floors of residential but who knows, and incase anyone is wondering I am a HUGE Homer for SLC and want to see it grow. On the other hand I like the look of the development I do like the idea of having more overall skyline in the valley and maybe new "DT" Sandy becoming more urban in the next couple of decades.

I like the idea of the towers being different heights, I think it would give it a little more character and dimension than three identical heights.

With the state of the Utah and Wastach Front economy I would like to see this project come about, less the theater of course . If this or the Gehry project eclipse SLC for the tallest I think it will be only a matter of a couple of years before DT SLC once again has the tallest. It will be some business owner or developer (what I hope to be really soon) that LOVES SLC and will figure out a way to build one that is even taller. It won't the typical battle of ego's like two banks in the same city saying "Mine is bigger than yours" but rather the one city (SLC), saying to Lehi or Sandy. "How dare you even have the thought that yours is bigger than mine". I honestly see DT SLC breaking the 35 story mark in the next 10 years possibly even the 40.