View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 10, 2013, 7:35 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinlee View Post
It's a clean design but I would say it's fairly boring. For such a massive tower (just under 1,000 ft) I am suprised it's not a little bit more distinct.
The earlier plan for the site was taller and more distinctive ( I have a sketch somewhere ), but in the end, it was not to be.

http://ny.curbed.com/archives/2013/0...on_listing.php

Here It Is: One Beacon Court's New $115 Million Listing

Wednesday, April 10, 2013, by Sara Polsky

Quote:
Can One Beacon Court—king of the flip, but otherwise a somewhat boring Midtown building beloved by business-world billionaires—sell for $115 million an apartment that most recently sold for around $24 million? We're about to find out!

Hedge funder Steven Cohen of SAC Capital Advisors has, as promised, formally listed his One Beacon pad, the building's only duplex, for that whopping $115M price tag. The apartment received a Gwathmey Siegel renovation that leaves us a little cold, though Cohen's odd art collection (minus the head made of frozen blood, which is maybe a little much for a listing pic) enlivens things a bit.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.