View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 13, 2019, 9:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieFoos View Post
I'm not 100% on the route as it's still on the drawing board. But, my understanding is there will be some portions of 93 improved for conversion to I-11 and there will be some completely new portions in other areas West of 93.

My biggest complaint is not I-11 in itself as I actually do think a Phoenix/Vegas connection is needed, but the way it's routed South of Wickenberg going way out West of the White Tanks. What a waste as this is just a Phoenix bypass at best, but will still promote massive sprawl. If it's going to pretty much bypass Phoenix, then I would rather see something like this as an alternative which would continue down 85 to the border and utilize currently existing routes and open up a new Interstate Port of Entry for AZ.
Have ADOT and/or other agencies chosen the proposed route yet? If not, then the proposed corridor above makes total sense. I would rather see this as we get I-11 down to Lukeville/Rocky Point improving travel times for our summer getaways. Does it propose using the 303 for travel up to Wickenburg or is it a new corridor? Can't tell...

Edit: Yeah nevermind. Preferred route below, my bad.

Last edited by ASU Diablo; Aug 13, 2019 at 9:38 PM.