View Single Post
Old Posted May 30, 2004, 5:08 PM
joining the rail club

Dave, I read these in the paper today...thanks for posting. It amazes me as well, when I see new development around here that I had no idea was taking root. With a 93% or better occupancy rate for commercial buildings the economy here in the Harrisburg area is doing REALLY well. Much better than the rest of the state and even many other regions across the country. Albert, your right about attracting new business with commuter rail. I can't wait till public rail transit is developed here. I've read posts on this site about how rail has greatly helped places like Portland. Infill development here will be awesome when this project takes off! It can only be a positive thing. Dave I forgot to tell you, there is a booth near the Front St/Walnut St Bridge entrance that is providing information about the reconstruction of the western span of the bridge. Info is provided by the People's Bridge Coalition and highlights the current status of the project, as well as the history of the bridge. Really cool