View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 22, 2019, 9:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgolch View Post
This.

I know we all love beautiful highrises, and additions to the skyline. But why would anyone buy a unit in this building at.... what was it.... $700-800 a square foot, when there are so many options in more desirable locations in the city. There are many new units coming online (as well as units in pre-existing buildings) for sale that also have great views in better areas. I'm rooting for this building, but I have my doubts....
Maybe I'm biased towards the South Loop, but I consider this building to be in a VERY desirable area. True, it's not adjacent to luxury retail or Michelin-star restaurants, but judged on the basic concept of liveability, I would live in it in a heartbeat (if I had the money).

It's Immediately adjacent to the city's largest park, 2 blocks from a Red/Green/Orange line station, ON Michigan Avenue (with a ton of transit options), a block from Roosevelt, which feeds onto the expressways, steps away from Museum Campus and the lakefront trail, and two blocks away from a Jewel and a Trader Joe's.

The South Loop isn't sexy, but it has everything you need to live a very comfortable, walkable city life. This building, NEMA, and Essex are all capitalizing on this fact.