View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 7, 2017, 1:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Really? That's not what you've been saying:

I think both are needed to create a dynamic scene. If all TS were converted to just 6 of the largest screens on Earth, it wouldn't be as interesting than the dozens they'd be replacing. On the other hand, if there were only tiny ads and screens, I think that would make TS basically like the other mini-TS's of the world. This is similar to the way many people rate skylines, actually: a mixture of tall skyscrapers, mid-rises, and low-rises is often rated very well. Each size grouping provides context for the others.

To get back on topic, this is what I actually wrote back in November (on Yimby) about the Doubletree renovation as it pertains to the signage:

Quote:
It's a bit of a shame that we'll be losing some "fine grained" density that creates a dynamic scene and makes your eyes wander. Also there were many different textures (billboards, lightbulb frames, etc) in this location that added to the dynamism as well. The new jumbo screen might be split up and advertise different that but it won't be the same. On the other hand, having two curved gargantuan LED screens facing each other in an awesome symmetry will certainly be very striking.