View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 22, 2013, 10:49 PM

i wish delta would kill off the prey and be done w/ it and the drama. half of what has been reported by their company i just don't believe. much of the right-sizing seems to be blamed on the memphis market. while some of that may be true, the publicity of potential flyers using little rock and the nashville airport seems to have escaped publication of lost revenue by the airline. i may have overlooked the figures over the years, but i don't believe that i have ever known how many flights per month were lost to these other airports over the years. too, the airline is the winner in the scenario of the driver, who drives from 3 to 4 hours, pays the parking, and pays for the gas to get to the plane, where the second leg of the traveler's journey begins. afterall, the arline could care less, after all, it is not their dime.

my point is delta seems to have gutted the airport, taken the most profitable routes, and has essentially thumbed it's nose at memphis. what happened to the (while the new bigger and improved atlanta airport was being grown) sensible idea that memphis international would carry flights to the west and northwest? i have generally always flown delta, but i guess people, just as companies, change. memphis seems to be a great airport, and i just don't understand why delta can't swiftly and w/ precision kill the prey and move on. when all is said and done, will anyone look back on the hubbing of the airport as a real growth opportunity for memphis? did it really help bring industry, manufacturing, technology and more to the city? in looking at various airports throughout the country, one can pretty much look at the entire country and make or break hubs, focus airports, busy vs. get by. maybe if airports were treated more as hospitals, where need of occupancy certificates are issued, prior to the building of a hospital, the flying public would be better off. at any rate, i think the situation, past and present, has been much more than just delta profits.

Last edited by kingchef; Oct 22, 2013 at 11:04 PM.