View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 27, 2021, 4:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BnaBreaker View Post
I keep trying to explain this to people, but to no avail. Lol

I realize it's a bit of a silly thing to be irked by, but just because a hotel claims to be five star, or claims that they will be a five star, doesn't mean they are. As you alluded to, the five star rating is given out by a particular organization based on a particular set of criteria. I could claim to be a Nobel Prize Winner... doesn't mean it's true.
We now live in a world that embraces "alternative facts" as a norm. So, claim being a Nobel Prize Winner someone will believe it.

What you said is right on point. The brand of the hotel doesn't dictate the number of stars they receive. There's a Ritz Carlton in Pentagon City (Arlington, VA) that is quite nice, but it is not a Forbes 5 star hotel property. They gave it 4 stars. AAA also gave it 4 diamonds. Forbes and AAA are the ratings organizations that most luxury hotel properties strive to achieve their highest rankings. That being said, having a Conrad, Four Seasons and Ritz Carlton in Nashville, will to some degree elevate the cities image.