View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 5, 2011, 2:22 AM
Wannabe Urbanite

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid View Post
I do the same thing!

After drawing them I scan them into the computer and digitize them, and then tweak them afterwards. The example I linked to here is now into year two of post-digitization tweaking. I also draw them on the computer from scratch, at various levels of detail. I created my own legend and icons for them but have yet to get that for on an actual map.

You should post some of the older ones, to show how far you've progressed. I find that sometimes, looking back at older maps, I get ideas to incorporated into the new ones.
Oh Wow! Not only do you do the same thing as me, our drawing styles are fairly similar. Nice job, and thanks so much for the link to your map! It looks almost like a google map when digitized. I would be interested to learn more about the digitizing process, since I'm not so great with computers!