View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 1, 2006, 8:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooverDam
^Sorry, I dont think the west valley will ever be for me. Other than Coyotes and Cardinals games, there is just no reason for me to go over there. Everything is in the central or east valley. Want to go to the zoo? E.V. Want to go to an ASU game? E.V. Botanical gardens? E.V. Just about any concert? Central or E.V., etc etc.

And yes there is a lot of custom homes being built in the west valley, like in Scottsdale, but thats not the part of Scottsdale Im sure most on this forum enjoy. Its the old town, compact, urban part of Scottsdale that we like, and the West side has nothing like that.
There's a zoo out here too - the Wildlife Zoo, which I personally enjoy more with my family than trekking down to the Phx Zoo (and its cheaper). Concerts? The last few I went to were at Glendale, erm Jobbing.com Arena, or Cricket Pavillion - and there are now big concernts being booked for the AZ Cardinal's stadium.

As for compact, urban cores - those are coming, they are not here today. But check back in 5 years time. If plans holdup, we can see some more high-rise development over here even.

Just like you have little reason to drive to the west valley, I myself can't remember the last time I needed to go anywhere in the SE valley for anything, other than Ikea.

I guess the point is, there's a lot emerging in the West Valley that will make it ever so much the equal of the East Valley. What makes this city great is that there is a lot to go and do, and you can do it by either staying in your immediate area, or driving across town for other events.

Both parts of town have their benefits.