View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 15, 2019, 3:36 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHikka View Post
I don't believe SSE has the funding for much of this and without any actual numbers this still means little to nothing. Feels like creeping desperation.
I would agree with this. I think they came to the realization that without significant concessions to their original proposal, that the jig was up, at least with the present HRM council.

Do they have the private funding to pull off their new proposed funding model? I kinda doubt this. I imagine though that they felt they had no choice but to throw a "Hail Mary" and see what happens.

Personally, I think it's time to take a step back and maybe begin all over again, perhaps even revisiting exactly where in HRM the stadium should be built. If a peninsular location were chosen, could they find other partners to develop ancillary proposals to make a more appealing package for a new (more receptive) HRM council to consider in a couple of years time.

It might make more sense to take your time and come up with a proposal too good for HRM to resist.........