View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 20, 2017, 7:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastleScott View Post
Gorgeous pics Ryan (that drone shot over Union Station is killer!!), Matt (those reflective pics are amazing!) and CPVLIVE!!

I remember One Mile High-I believe it was to be 38 floors and and 540 ft and canceled around mid 1983. Matt had a site called Denver skyscrapers that had these cancelled projects listed. There has almost always rumors and talk of large Fortune 500 companies moving to downtown Denver from other places some notable ones Purina Chows from St Louis, Armour-Dial from Phoenix and recently ADM from Decatur Illinios (ADM moved to Chicago however were interested in Denver as they would have been a bit closer to California's central valley where they have a big interest in rice and corn). I remember back when I worked at Norwest Bank (in the now Wells Fargo cash register building) there was talk of Norwest moving some of their corporate operation from Minneapolis to Denver into a 59 story craper that would have been almost 900 ft high and built on the old parking lot site where Skyhouse Denver now sits-this was back around 1996 (the merger with Wells Fargo happened shortly later).
Thanks for the info. I hadn't heard about the Norwest proposal for the Skyhouse site. I did find Matt's site--that's where I first learned of One Mile High Plaza--but the rendering and other information doesn't indicate just where it was to be located. I love the alternative history aspect of these NeverBuilts.