View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 20, 2019, 8:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texcitement View Post
Thanks for the correction. And I meant to say the area of Davidson County west of Bellevue and into Williamson. So maybe I covered that with Fairview. I realize that covers a vast area and as you noted, north of I-40 is very rugged. Does underscore how sparsely populated a lot of the metro area still is. Should have also included Wilson County. They're just now starting to boom and to their credit they're building the infrastructure to support it. I'm increasingly amazed by the corridor of enormous warehouses in Wilson along I-840. And Gallatin now is catching fire. So yes, there's lot of undevelopable land, but so much that can/will be in the next twenty years.
The lot sizes in Nashville's prewar suburbs are gigantic. There are 900 sq foot houses sitting on 60x200 lots all over the place. That's insanely large compared to just about anywhere in the North. Developers are feasting on these properties all over East Nashville, The Nations, etc. - usually replacing them with at least 2 houses, if not 4. But even that density is still low.