View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 10, 2014, 4:22 PM
surely you agree with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff View Post
Why? No permits have been applied for and no construction documents have been made yet. The City has already said that you don't need to be an Architect to apply for a variance. When (and if) the time comes for them to apply for a building permit, the drawings will have to be stamped by a Architect registered with the Province of Manitoba. I would bet they are currently working with a local Architecture firm. So it is really a story about nothing.

It is wrong to claim to be an Architect if you are not but other than that, I believe that anyone can DESIGN anything. It just cant get built without a registered Architect and Engineer stamp.

If I recall, the Architect designing the Inuit Art Gallery addition is not registered in Manitoba. That is why they are working with a local firm - Cibinel. This is likely what is happening here.
its not quite what is happening here...he's not registered anywhere....but no rules have been broken....it is surprising that a building as complex as this would not have someone with more experience behind it...if I was the financing group putting my $70m on the line I would want someone with experience...but its their choice.

at least he's a Winnipegger and isn't stamping drawings done in China...that is a way bigger issue if you ask me.