View Single Post
Old Posted May 7, 2020, 3:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHikka View Post
Key word here is 'were'. They were doing pretty well on most economic indicators prior to COVID relative to their previous history.
Good to know. I was following the "Phoenix Coyotes Saga" on a daily basis, on the Hockey Futures forum for a decade. I stopped following 3 years ago and haven't really paid any attention to the NHL since.

Quote:
Yes and no. As I previously posted the Thrashers owners almost literally left the team with the NHL with nowhere to play and nothing really to do. TrueNorth had been floating around for a few years and we able to snatch up the Thrashers immediately.
Yes, the Thrashers owners basically "threw the keys on the desk" but Mark Chipman later admitted he was "15 minutes away" from buying the Coyotes from the NHL had Glendale not ponied up the money. The NHL would have had to move the Thrashers to the next best location, but as you said, that would have looked horrible on the league.

Quote:
Well, he was working on the Schooners project, until he decided to move to an NHL team that'll probably fire him in five months time, which should say a lot about the Schooners project as it stands today.
Good news for Halifax. If the CFL survives, hopefully they can find a better ownership and finally get a team.