View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 6, 2014, 3:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamingViking View Post
Opinion about the solution is one thing - yes, it's not the preferable outcome (and he will wear the t-shirt for that ).

I mean the way he took action. He actually took charge and did something to bring the issue to a close, like a leader should.
With all due respect, I understand your opinion, but again, completely disagree.

If you'll recall, the old Ivor Wynne stadium site was chosen onlly because council was led to believe that there was only enough money for half of a stadium. The north stands were supposed to remain, and only the south side was to be demolished and rebuilt.

Council agreed. made sense at the time, but lo and behold, looky, looky, sometime later it was established that there was enough money for a whole new stadium after all.

IMO, council was duped.

My question is: Was Bratina a duper or dupee?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Young
The reasons for Ivor Wynne’s lack of success for anything, even CFL football, is the lack of visibility and the lack of access.

Just ask anyone in Ontario where Ivor Wynne is. If they don’t live in Hamilton or didn’t previously live in Hamilton, they’ll simply have no idea. The reason the stadium is still named Ivor Wynne after all these years is no one is willing to pay enough for the naming rights to justify the cost of the scaffolding needed to change the sign.
I firmly believe that if the stadium was being built at West harbour the Tiger-Cats would have closed out Ivor Wynne Stadium this past year and would playing at West harbour in 6 months. There simply is no other place for them to play.