View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 23, 2012, 3:01 AM
BANNED

Just an fyi: I dont always use the travel agent. I actually explicitly said ive done it myself and tried the agent and gotten the same results. The facts are that you can't fly like I do to Houston unless you are willing to pay out the ass. I usually am not able to book three weeks in advance like i did this time and usually have two weeks notice max. I' ve gotten tickets for less before, but it depends on how high the demand to fly to Houston is during any given week. Ive seen prices at $1000 one month in advance before because some convention or something was going on so it is not as if there is some rule that says prices are $x three weeks in advance.

Also, for the record, I didnt use the travel agent this time and bought them off UALs website. Additionally prices can vary depending on what day you are booking them. For example, the most special fares show up on tuesdays for some reason so if you buy then you are more likely to get a discount rate. Airline fares are a voodo science at best, but the point is that UAL charges way too fucking much to go to Houston. Even at $600 they are charging way too much when I can get tickets to Denver or LA for about half that.