View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 29, 2007, 12:29 PM
Back from the dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritedenergy View Post
what is if someone is very shy? Or a child? Or a person that cannot talk? I also think it's annoying to do and to listen to, but they do not have any reason to protest, they can just try and if they can't, just indicate the main stops. They really look like spoiled brats... have you ever waited 10 minutes for them to take their coffee? Can't just they bring it from home?
How shy can somebody possibly be that they can't ask the driver to let them know when they reach a specific stop ? That's an issue no bus driver can remedy.

Children ? Who's letting their toddlers ride the bus alone ?

Can't talk ? They don't need to talk to be able to read.

As I said, take a drive and call out every street name as you pass it. Seriously, just try it. I have. I'm telling you that the safety of the passengers supercedes their desire to hear their stop called out.
Think of it this way : ever notice how people talking on their cell phones while driving tend to drive like morons ? Well, they do that because they can't concentrate on the road properly. Now, if you ask anybody who does this they'll tell you that no, it's all the OTHER people who can't yap on their phone and drive at the same time. Oddly enough, no matter how many people you talk to , they all tell you it's somebody else who's at fault. Either way, there's a reason local governments have banned this practice in many jurisdictions : despite what people think, they aren't very good drivers when they aren't making driving their primary focus. It's a safety issue and there's all the evidence in the world to prove that the bus drivers are right to protest this.