View Single Post
Old Posted May 2, 2007, 8:48 PM

Also, they have a Draft EIR that is under public review until June 1, 2007 with the County.
http://www.dera.saccounty.net/portal...0416110942.pdf
It is for a 20-screen 3,800 +/- seat multiplex theater, restaurant, retail, and office complex. It is going to be 439,706 sq ft. on 37.5 acres. Apparently, 3 of the signs are going to be over 25 feet tall! (woo hoo! ) There is an exception to build a building taller than 40 feet!(that's better than the FTB complex buildings...they're only 3 stories). I thought this quote was of interest...
Quote:
"The subject proposal provides a floor area ratio (FAR) less than the minimum FAR specified in the General Plan. Thus, the Board of Supervisors is the appropriate authority to determine that the minimum density specified in the General Plan is not feasible for the site."
. I don't know that another developer would do something as urban as they want there. I'd rather have anything there than that damn weed-infested drive-in. It was nice in it's day. But, the city is a LOT different now. A drive-in belongs in a place like Wilton...NOT unincorporated Sacramento.

Edit: From a Sac Business Journal article 1/1/07:

Quote:
Best Buy and Bed Bath & Beyond might be the new anchor stores for the much-delayed shopping and entertainment complex slated to replace the Bradshaw Road drive-in theater west of Rancho Cordova.

The two big-box retailers intend to locate in The Landing, a 400,000-square-foot center proposed for Bradshaw and Highway 50, sources say. SyWest Development's president, Bill Vierra, wouldn't comment on possible tenants, but he says he anticipates the 38-acre project will go to the Sacramento County Planning Commission for review in February.

Last edited by creamcityleo79; May 2, 2007 at 8:57 PM.