View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 25, 2019, 6:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitSky View Post
While not necessarily a city, the village of Edinburgh of the Seven Seas, located in the British overseas territory of St. Helena, Ascension and Tristan da Cunha, is considered the most isolated permanent settlement on earth. The nearest other human settlement is 1350 miles away, there's no airports, and its a 6 day trip by boat to the nearest mainland community in South Africa.
Ah ouais... I'd never heard of these British isles in the South Atlantic.

This city must be a bit special, however, because it's so remote from others in their country.

I don't even really know what it feels like to be lost in a middle of nowhere, quite frankly, because the overall European density has nothing to do with theirs.
They just must heavily rely on air travel and huge trucks to bring stuff up to them, if they don't have any reliable railways yet.
It's a bit of a cliché, but I think they've got the longest real heavy trucks ever seen over there...
Ha ha, yeah. I just googled it. They have the real Mad Max road trains. American trucks look like midgets compared to theirs.

It doesn't bad anyway. The place seems interesting and is definitely a bold settlement.