View Single Post
Old Posted May 6, 2013, 12:41 AM
The City

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamInTheLoop View Post
So Bill Davies, as reported by Crain's Fri or Sat, wants to get his ridiculous redevelopment 'plan' for the post office and the area around it on the Plan Commission agenda in June. Hopefully fat chance of this happening, however it begs the question - what role, if any, should a project's actual realistic feasibility have in gaining entitlements? Given that anyone with any knowledge of real estate economics and who wasn't born yesterday or perhaps the day before knows that this is all just a ploy to raise the value of Davies' property, what 'weighting' if any does this carry in the calculus of, and political decision-making behind the city approval process??...

Then again, let's remember that ald. Danny Solis is a big part of this equation, he who apparently is prone to impression with the types of people that one surrounds him/herself with....
^ Even if it is a ploy to raise the value of the property, that doesn't mean that another party who assumes control of the site can't develop it according to the vision that was put in place.

The zoning of the site doesn't change with the change of title. Buying property, rezoning it, and selling to a developer isn't too shabby of a business model for some people, I imagine.

Regardless, I think it's still worthwhile to go through the process, although I agree with you that this plan is quite far fetched.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4W...lUKB1w8ED5bV2Q