View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 19, 2012, 2:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaylordWilshire View Post

Marion Parker was abducted from Mount Vernon school at 4066 West 17th Street in 1927, around the time of the first black & white shot above. I'm not so naïve as to think that the building
inspired by George Washington's house, later painted white, wouldn't also be covered by graffiti if it were still standing, but who could blame even grown-ups for covering the current
incarnation with it? Apparently tags are a major problem for what is now the Johnnie Cochran Middle School at 4066 Johnny Cochran Vista. One site posits that the exterior of the
school was changed for maintenance reasons, but it looks like a whole new building to me. Anyway, while the new school is uninspiring architecturally (to put it mildly), at least the
entablature of the old school was saved and rests in the front yard.

cemeteryguide.com/; LAPL x 2; Google SV
when i was going to webster jrhs my bus would always drop kids off at this school for the kids who lived in this area.I always wondered why that sign was in the front of the building,i wonder when they tore it down,and how many schools were torn down because of the sylmar quake.My HS (University High..unihikid) got some damage to the auditorium ,gym,and cafeteria and all but the main building was torn down(the guys who tore down the aud went out of business because it took so long for them to knock it down).