Thread: My Los Ángeles
View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 20, 2021, 2:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAsam View Post
Shakespeare Bridge! A nice little tucked away LA secret. I like the Paramount shot with the Ferrari too, was that intentional or just complete luck? I'm guessing intentional.
When I was young, after I saw the movie "Dead Again," I just had to go check out Shakespeare Bridge, which I hadn't been to before until after I saw the movie... hehe I was always such a sucker for LA filming locales. Historically, when it was built in 1926, it went over an actual creek (Sacatela Creek), which was filled in/turned into an underground storm drain in the 1930s, I believe, and a street of houses goes right to the base of the bridge.

The Ferrari shot was actually just happenstance. I originally wanted to take a picture of the Paramount entrance with no traffic, and actually had to wait until the traffic cleared, and as I was setting up the shot, I thought the traffic did clear, but as I pressed the button, the car snuck in. I took the picture again with no traffic, but when I looked at the pictures, I preferred the one with the car, because it conveyed motion, and I thought it made a more interesting picture.

~ Charles Bukowski