View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 13, 2012, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horthos View Post
Speaking of shameful stuff, have any of you wandered down Olvera Street lately? I was walking down there about a month ago coming back from Hop Louie in Chinatown after an incredible amount of unhealthy delicious food, when I suddenly stopped, not really knowing why, and then looked up, and became violently ill when I saw that some complete and total idiot had stuck this monstrosity on top of one of the buildings. I mean, I know that LA likes to mess with its architecture and all (reading this forum is proof enough), but somehow I would have though that Olvera Street would be at least SOMEWHAT holy, and would be left alone.

Photos courtesy of Horthos, yours truly.

I saw that during my visit to Los Angeles last month. I believe that may be a temporary structure set up to protect restoration work on an old mural that was painted on the side of that taller building there. The mural was talked about here briefly a while back, but I don't recall exactly when or any of the details. Anyway, hopefully, when the restoration is completed, that horribly out-of-context structure will be removed.

-Scott