View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 29, 2020, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
Ambrosie has had some exceptionally difficult cards dealt, especially this year. But that said, I don't think he was really been up to the challenge even before covid hit. I still don't see the merit of the CFL 2.0 thing and it's clear from the above that the teams don't either.

I hope that the CFL is able to get the commissioner thing right with its next pick. In the last 30 years there has only really been one true success at the job... Mark Cohon. He's also the only one who has lasted more than 5 years in the position. Other than that it's been a revolving door of faces. Compare with the NFL, NBA, NHL where they have had the same person in place doing the job for years and years.
CFL 2.0 was established because of the threat of both the AAF and XFL. The CFL needed to look beyond the borders to discover talent, because he knew that the CFL would likely have been the 3rd choice out of the 3 for attracting new talent in the USA.

I’ve liked Ambrosie. He’s been very vocal with the fans pre-Covid. He’s had to deal with the Als ownership situation which considering that circumstances pre-Covid I’ve thought he’s handled well. Schooners football resurgence had been on the cusp pre-Covid as well.

I think he’s just been dealt an extremely difficult card That has been too much for the CFL to burden