View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 29, 2020, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thurmas View Post
In relation to my post above about Ambrosie possibly being dumped as CFL commish Justin Dunk from 3downation.com was on the Rod Pedersen show today reporting that the CFL board of governors voted 7-2 in favor of dropping CFL 2.0 the global initiative which was what Amrbosie's baby during his whole tenure as commish which does not look good for him. Here is the link to the interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMZwQKGYmks
Ambrosie has had some exceptionally difficult cards dealt, especially this year. But that said, I don't think he was really been up to the challenge even before covid hit. I still don't see the merit of the CFL 2.0 thing and it's clear from the above that the teams don't either.

I hope that the CFL is able to get the commissioner thing right with its next pick. In the last 30 years there has only really been one true success at the job... Mark Cohon. He's also the only one who has lasted more than 5 years in the position. Other than that it's been a revolving door of faces. Compare with the NFL, NBA, NHL where they have had the same person in place doing the job for years and years.