View Single Post
Old Posted May 31, 2021, 11:34 AM

While it would be nice, I'm not sure why coordination is necessary here. NS has a much higher caseload and is rightly or wrongly being very conservative in its plan. Should PEI and NB follow NS' schedule for that reason?

Each province should be free to set their rules based on science/public pressure/what have you (hopefully science). NB has decided July 1 is potentially an appropriate day to reopen to the rest of Canada for vaccinated travelers conditional on some thresholds and I don't think it would make sense to go slower because of NS wanting to, for example. On the other hand I also don't think that NS should move at a different pace because NB wants to.

On July 1, if thresholds are met, partially vaccinated NBers will be able to travel to other provinces for which travel isn't restricted and return to NB without self isolation. If NS doesn't want to be included in that it seems perfectly fine to me (well, not really, but it's not my place to say what is acceptable). When NS is ready they can accept out of province travelers too.