View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 26, 2010, 2:24 PM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL Stadium View Post

e) Location within NS.....yeah its an issue....everyone has ideas. Traffic in residential areas is a big issue...20 -30,000 ppl moving into and out of anywhere in HRM is difficult at the best of events. Here is my thoughts....there is a quarry along the 102 by Kearney Lake Rd. close to the wilderness area the PC Govt set aside a couple of years. Its not ideal but hey the excavation already done is a big bonus. Lots of land for outside parking and highway access! I would say if one traveled from downtown it would take about 20mins....Micmac Mall/McKay Bridge/Joe Howe/102 I'd say about the same....Truro an hour...Bridgewater an hour....I do also believe there would need to be a public park and ride type of service from downtown areas....but hey lets not kid ourselves....dont you think the hotels would be getting packages together that would include some transport service....?

So here it is ....we need $50,000,000 and the public pressure to get it going now!
Welcome ATL Stadium. We needs lots of active supporters (let city officials know that this is a priority for the HRM).

Regarding a location, a committee should be set up by the city to select a site. All possibilities should be considered and then work out a system of pluses and minuses to select the best site. Technical considerations, transit, cost, etc. all have to be considered.