View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 25, 2020, 1:53 PM

Since Taeolas just did an update on Regent Mall, I will do one on McAllister Place. (This is based on when I was last there last week).

Here is what's new since my last update:
  • The former La Senza space has been leased again (My City Life - a local consignment shop).
  • David's Tea has closed, so this is a new vacant spot.
  • Alia N Tan Jay was still open and having their store closing sales. Once they close, this will be another vacant spot.
  • D&S Hair has also closed, but is being converted into another salon business (Razed Rite - based out of Oromocto). This new salon will be a men's shop.
  • Rogers has finished their renovations and has moved back to their location next to Bath & Body Works. The store's new design look great! More clean and modern looking now.
  • Maritime Travel has also updated their look. Looks more modern and new. I like the new design, fits in well next to the new Mark's location.
  • GNC still is open. However unlike the Regent Mall location in Fredericton, they don't have "store closing" signs up and never did. Just their normal signage is displayed in the windows and inside the store. It makes me wonder if the Fredericton one is actually going to be eventually closing or something?

And like Taeolas mentioned in the above post, McAllister Place has changed their hours. They are now open:
  • Monday to Wednesday: 10am - 6pm.
  • Thursday to Friday: 10am - 8pm.
  • Saturday: 10am - 6pm.
  • Sunday: 12pm - 5pm.

Other than this, I haven't noticed anything else that was new/different since my last update. The units that were vacant/temporarily leased pre-covid, still are. Holiday pop-up season is approaching soon, so we should see some pop-ups set up shop soon. I think it will be the usual pop-ups like last year (Hickory Farms, Calendar Club, Just Cozy, and PYT Hair).
  • Calendar Club will probably be in their usual unit (next to The Children's Place and Foot Locker).
  • PYT Hair already have a unit that they've already had all set up, (back in February), in the former Karma Spa spot next to Lids.
  • As for Hickory Farms and Just Cozy, they were both kiosks located in the main hall last year, so not sure if they will be again this year or if they will take actual units this year. We will have to wait and see.

Another thing I would like to mention is that the newly developed part of the mall looks amazing. That section, (the former Sears), is really open and spacious. Urban Planet, The Brick, and Mark's are an excellent addition to McAllister Place! Overall, I've noticed that the mall looks more updated and modern now (compared to years ago). Pretty much all of the stores (inside and out) don't look dated or anything. And the overall exterior of the mall looks more up to date as well. To me, in my opinion, I think McAllister Place may be the most updated looking out of the big 3 malls here in NB.

Last edited by DyAm00394; Aug 25, 2020 at 2:12 PM.