View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 24, 2010, 2:54 AM

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by russman View Post
I signed the petition MarieJ. When is the demolition scheduled to begin?
Thank you so much! Please tell others, see if they will also?

It appears that they are conducting the environmental study right now, which is not something that they should be able to do very well in the dead of winter, so right now I think the weather is on our side -- but as shady as things have been in the past, and through the entire process, I believe that they may figure some way to have it done (even if it is not done right) very soon.

They keep saying in two weeks.
I believe the new deadline is to have all 41 historic buildings torn down by March, at least end of March. It was supposed to be before February, but the "bump" slowed them down. They do not qualify for the funding of 1.38 million dollars they applied for of the stimulus money, not unless the environmental study is finished.

We have a public workshop that was recently planned and is tomorrow. It is supposed to be focused on the fact the buildings have all been demolished, and how we can grow from there. They had ever intent to have all of these buildings torn down already.

Whatever we can do to keep this delayed as long as possible, is just another day that we have those historic buildings in our future.

Last edited by MarieJ; Feb 24, 2010 at 2:57 AM. Reason: editing