View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 21, 2021, 4:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
Dryden and Elliot Lake
True, I've never really heard either of them mentioned here. I was in Elliot Lake a couple years before the mall collapse and remember commenting that the building seemed like it was in rough shape, structurally. There's a cool Atomium-like statue but otherwise it's a fairly non-descript place, surrounded by forest and lakes but less built-up than the Muskoka/Kawartha areas; seems kind of like a smaller cousin to Sudbury. Doesn't seem like there's much construction. The surrounding area is quite rust-belty (wood belt?). I really don't know much about Dryden at all except that it's sort of near Kenora and that a bunch of forestry and silviculture companies have operations there. It seems to be sort of oriented towards Manitoba.

North Bay is another one that someone mentioned; it sort of reminds me of Fredericton but in most ways looks and feels like a pretty typical small-to-midsized Ontario city. Again, I doubt there's much large-scale construction, other than maybe at the post-secondary institutions. It seems to be more or less within Sudbury's orbit.