Thread: Dated Skylines
View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 21, 2019, 7:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj3000 View Post
Pittsburgh

Outside of the new PNC Tower (which filled a gap and added another 500-footer, but is nothing great), Pittsburgh’s skyline is pretty much unchanged since the 1980s.

There have been some additions to the downtown skyline, but nothing that makes much of a mark.
If I recall correctly, PNC Tower was originally supposed to go 600' and got chopped down a small amount. You're right that it's nothing really special.

Hartford hasn't changed much since the 1980's. Most of the Western MA and Upstate NY cities haven't really changed, such as Worcester, Springfield, Albany, Syracuse, Rochester, Buffalo....

Atlanta is mostly stuck in the 90's, except Buckhead and a bit of Midtown.

Detroit could qualify, but obviously has a (potentially) bright future if the Dan Snyder projects come to fruition.

Pretty much all the Ohio cities qualify.

New Orleans never seems to have fully recovered (at least in terms of forging ahead) from Katrina.

Birmingham Alabama doesn't seem to have much going on, whereas Mobile built the massive Battle House Tower.

Tampa and Jacksonville seem kind of left behind in the scheme of Florida's ongoing boom.

I have barely seen anything from Tulsa and Kansas City recently.

Minneapolis hasn't really built much in the impact department since the early 2000's. I know they have a pair of 500'+ on the way which should take it back off the list. With that said, I don't think Saint Paul has built much either.

I guess I also mainly agree with the first poster's list. It's always interesting to agree with someone when you vehemently disagree with that same person elsewhere!